I did some research on quinoa and I can’t wait to try it!!
Here are some Health Benefits:
1. Protein Powerhouse: Quinoa has a higher protein content than wheat, barely or other major grains. Just one cup of quinoa has 9 grams of protein!! This can easily replace meat. What a great way to build muscle and keep our bodies strong.
2. Dieter’s Dream: Quinoa is a satisfying, low cholesterol source of complex carbohydrates. It is rich in fiber, aiding in proper digestion, and it is heart healthy. Quinoa can be eaten for breakfast too!! A great boost of energy for a busy day ahead!
3. Internal Cleanser/Detoxifier: Quinoa eases the progress of food through the digestive tract. Used regularly in your diet, quinoa can eliminate constipation and bloating. The vitamin B found in quinoa can also help the liver play its role in eliminating wastes from the body.
4. Bone Builder: This aspect is great especially for those who are vegan or lactose intolerant and do not get proper calcium from dairy foods. Just one cup of quinoa contains 30 milligrams of calcium. Quinoa really serves as a great way to keep our bones and teeth strong. Quinoa also contains impressive quantities of potassium, magnesium and zinc, minerals that are crucial for heart, nerve and muscle function.
5. Brain Food: A cup of cooked quinoa offers 15 percent of the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance of iron, which helps to deliver oxygen to the blood, boosting energy and brain power. Quinoa’s vitamin B content can help keep the mind sharp, maintain brain volume and stabilize mood.